Please note this book is suitable for any student studying:
Exam board: OCR
Level: GCSE (9-1)
First teaching: September 2016
First exams: June 2018
Twenty First Century Science is a motivating and engaging way to study science at GCSE. These resources will prepare students both for progression to further study of science and to be scientifically minded and informed citizens.
The Twenty First Century Science suite will:
– Develop students’ abilities to critically evaluate data and information, by examining evidence and the arguments that link evidence to conclusions
– Link science to issues relevant to all students and to the experiences of everyday life
– Develop students’ understanding of the concepts and models that scientists use to explain the world
– Develop students’ hands-on scientific skills and their understanding of experimental work in developing scientific explanations.
Built on research and evidence-based principles, these Twenty First Century Science resources have been developed alongside the specifications, with close collaboration between OCR, the University of York Science Education Group, and Oxford University Press. Student Books feature:
– Content fully matched to the new 2016 OCR Twenty First Century Science GCSE Science (9-1) specifications, presented in interesting and engaging contexts
– Differentiation for all abilities in the form of Higher and Foundation books
– Integrated maths support throughout
– Exam preparation and practical support throughout
– Summary and review questions, worked examples, and plenty of practice and synoptic questions.
Publisher : OUP Oxford; 3rd edition (23 Jun. 2016)
Language : English
Paperback : 328 pages
ISBN-10 : 0198359632
ISBN-13 : 978-0198359630
Dimensions : 22.1 x 1.45 x 27.5 cm